Politweet is a non-partisan research firm analysing interactions among Malaysians using social media. We have been monitoring politics and activism on Twitter since 2009 and expanded to include Facebook starting December 2012.
In 2015 we expanded our monitoring to cover conversations on Twitter, to better understand what Malaysians talk about besides politics. We have also applied our techniques on occasion to global events and issues.
Our work has focused on:
- Researching the socio-political interest of Malaysians on Twitter. Some research areas are:
- Determining the number of Malaysians interested in politics and domestic issues (the Twitterverse)
- Estimating the partisanship of Malaysians on Twitter
- What topics get the most response?
- The effectiveness of social movements on Twitter
- Discovering behaviour patterns and social groups within the Twitterverse
- Establishing metrics to describe influence
- Developing spam-detection methods to get the real conversation that’s happening on Twitter
- Identifying influential Malaysians and politicians on Twitter for marketing purposes
- Growing a database of Twitter users in Malaysia for use in business marketing and our own research
- Profiling Twitter users to identify which state, country and constituency they come from
- Identifying popular interests of Malaysians on Twitter
- Analysing results of General Elections in Malaysia, and connecting the analysis with our own social media research
- Creating interactive, data-driven sites about socio-political topics
If you are interested in engaging our services please email us at email@example.com.
For a list of services please visit https://www.politweet.org.
Our Facebook page is located at https://www.facebook.com/politweet
Our Twitter page is located at https://www.twitter.com/politweetorg
Our Flicker photostream is located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/politweet/